Website A. Lindberg & Sons Inc.
We are looking for a skilled Welder at our shop facilities, quarries, and construction sites. Maintenance of heavy equipment parts and aggregate processing equipment. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Must be a member of respective trade union or willing to join.
- Our employees will enjoy union benefits from each respective union.
- Unions provide excellent wage and benefit packages.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to JPacl@lindberginc.com